|Quick Decorating Tip - Low Cost Decorating Projects (that might even save you money!)
One cannot open the paper or turn on the TV this season without hearing more and more about the state of the economy. If you are putting projects on hold because of a lack of funds, or because you are waiting for the housing market to turn around, here are some tips on how decorating can save you money in the long run:
- Employ "Redesign" Techniques: Move around what you have to make a space look and feel re-energized. Send what you don't want to use anymore to goodwill for a tax writeoff.
- Install Window Film: This can reduce your energy costs by prohibiting heat from flowing out your windows. Contact me for an installer.
- Paint a Room: Neutral walls are hot again, allowing you to add inexpensive, colorful accessories to jazz it up.
- Change Out Lighting & Cabinet Hardware: Lighting resources like Bellacor and Lampsplus are great - call me for additional discounts.
- Recover Dining Room Chairs: This is one of the easiest do-it-yourself projects - I've walked many clients through the process. Feel free to come to my studio to peruse through over 150 fabric books, and then order and install yourself!
- Change Out/Beef Up Decorative Pillows: Shop discount stores for new pillows, then wrap the pillow form in extra batting purchased at a sewing supplies store to give it a fuller, more custom look.
|Pottery Barn & Williams-Sonoma Home Shopping Trip
Who's in the mood to go shopping to SAVE some money?????
I received a couple of presents in the mail and I'd like to share them with you:
If you'd like assistance in picking out Fall accessories or furniture, contact me today to set up a shopping appointment!
- Receive an additional 20% off all Pottery Barn store merchandise including sale items now through 9/28! (Embellishments Design Studio consulting fees of $115/hr plus mileage apply.)
- Receive an additional 15% off all Williams-Sonoma Home merchandise including sale items now through 9/30! (Embellishments Design Studio consulting fees of $115/hr plus mileage apply.)