Smith & Noble
|Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I hope you had a wonderful time reflecting on the year you have had and all that you are thankful for. I am especially thankful for YOU - your enthusiasm and appreciation are what make this job so rewarding and fun. I may not be saving lives, but hopefully I have helped you solve a dilemma so that you can spend more time with your family, enjoy your surroundings, and/or feel inspired while in your home. This month, I am also thankful for ways we can save the environment as we gear up for the holiday season, ways I can give back to the community and, of course, a really great sale! Read on . . .
And remember, we are now on Facebook! Follow current projects and start discussions!
|Incorporating "Green" into Holiday Decor - and I don't mean the tree color|
- Pick a color scheme for the holidays that builds off of your existing furnishings. Then you won't have to add more accessories/soft décor items in order to "get the look":
- My house has splashes of rust in pillows and throws all year long. So, I worked in decorations that have copper tones to compliment the rust accents that are already there. Therefore, I don't have to switch out the rust and add red and green, I can simply keep my color story to rust and green.
- A real tree versus a fake tree - what's "greener"? Real!
- Real trees are replenished on a tree farm
- You can compost the tree after the holiday
- Fake trees are typically manufactured overseas using petroleum-based products
- Green Gift Wrapping Ideas:
- Sew gift bags out of fabric scraps or stow your present in a reusable shopping bag your gift recipient can use again when shopping
- Wrap your gift with the gift (use a beautiful scarf to wrap up a bottle of perfume, use a beach towel to wrap up a swim suit)
- If you must use wrapping paper, use 100% recycled with soy based inks
- Switch to LED lights which are 90% more efficient. They are a bit whiter or cooler in tone and not as yellow as the lights we are used to, so consider decorating with cool tones like greens and blues and purples to compliment the cooler light (specifically outdoors). Or look for the new "warmer" color in LED.
- Whenever possible, consider bringing in "real" rather than "fake":
- Real oranges with cloves can be composted or eaten after they are used for decorating
- Take a nature walk and pick sticks, branches, pinecones, seed pods, etc. to form bouquets you can gather with ribbon for a door decoration or a table centerpiece
- Try a Redesign rather than a New Design: Some of us do this with furniture anyway in order to fit in the tree, but consider doing it with more than just furniture - swap accessories, mirrors or pillows/throws to create a new look without buying new (call me if you want to do an hour long redesign consultation)
| Showroom Liquidation! New Contemporary Designs Going Out of Business Sneak Preview!|
|Calling those who gravitate to all things modern - the New Contemporary Designs showroom at IMS is going out of business and you can get a sneak peak at their product at 60% off retail by booking an appointment with me, your ticket in to the joint! Accessories, furniture, lighting - you name it - will be on sale. I have used this showroom before for beautiful artwork and accessories and their furniture is sleek and very high quality. If you don't purchase this sofa, I will! |
The sneak preview is this Thursday and Friday from 9 - 3. Let me know if you want to go and be ready with photos of your space, measurements and paint/fabric swatches!
|An Opportunity to Give Back|
I'm excited to tell you that I have chosen to serve as an MDA Jailbird and am being Locked-Up...that's right, I'm going behind bars to help Jerry's Kids©. In order to be released on good behavior, I need your help to raise my "bail."
My bail has been set at $1,600.00 and if everyone I know makes a tax-deductible donation, I'll reach my goal quickly!
Just click here to make a secure, online donation before 12/16/10. This is a fun event benefiting individuals and families served by MDA who are affected by neuromuscular disease. I am honored to partner with MDA, and help this important cause.
Don't hesitate to call or e-mail me with any questions. Thanks in advance for your help. Together we'll make a difference!
If the link above does not work, please cut and paste the address below into the address bar of your Internet browser.